Security Engineering at Accurate
Since 1983, Accurate has been helping companies, schools and government institutions make smart decisions about all elements of security engineering.
The Security Engineering Process at Accurate
- The process begins with defining functional and user security engineering requirements . Accurate’s technicians work with property managers, security managers or architects to define functional and user requirements for buildings and their access points (i.e. doors and gates). If a security policy exists, then the requirements of this policy will be included into the design of the system.
- The process continues with a discussion of the budget available for the security engineering improvements. In many cases, there are a range of solutions. Lower cost / lower tech solutions often exist that can achieve the goals of the business, school or government entity.
- With the completion of the survey and discussion on budget available, a system outline and cost estimate is provided for consideration.
- The process continues with the installation and project execution.
- Maintenance and monitoring mark the last phase of the process. Accurate guarantees all work and is committed to ensuring the system meets or exceeds all specified requirements.
Examples of Projects
Landscaping to prevent ram-raids (vehicular attack http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Accurate worked with landscaping architects to design a security barrier to vehicles outside of the headquarters of prominent NZ company. Large rocks and earth were positioned to create barriers to vehicular entry. Area was planted and end-product aesthetically pleasing.
Create more secure doors with biometric locks for rooms containing confiscated items at airport.
Accurate worked with a government department to create steel doors with biometric locks so that only authority officials could enter contraband containment room.
Upgrade security of prominent clothing outlet in notoriously crime ridden neighborhood.
Accurate worked with shop fitters and an in-store security firm to upgrade an existing retail outlet so that it could contain merchandise that is notoriously difficult to protect in a crime ridden neighborhood. A combination of roller shutters with custom made tie downs and locks, steel window bars, and steel bollards outside the outlet were used in conjunction with an integrated alarm and CCTV system.
When a business needs to take action to deal with current or possible sources of disruption, ranging from natural disasters to malicious acts, Accurate’s Security Engineering Team is available to provide advice and cost effective solutions.